Thursday, August 28, 2008

Joe Biden

I hear a lot of people criticizing the choice to choose Biden to be Barack's running mate. I have heard people saying he will bring nothing to the ticket. Do people actually believe this?

Whether that is true or not doesn't matter too much. My point is vice presidents shouldn't be picked on the basis of winning over voters; they should be chosen by measureing how they will perform in office. I comend Obama for his choice in this moderate democrat because he was chosen not because he will nod his head and smile at everyone of his ideas. He chose him because he has the ability to challenge him.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you regarding voting because of who the VP is (unless it someone completely polarizing, like Cheney or Hillary Clinton).

    Also, I believe Joe Biden is probably a decent guy and I'm sure he be a good guy with whom to grab a beer. That said, he is by no means a moderate democrat.

    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/person.xpd?id=300008

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Matt. In no way is Biden a moderate democrat. He was ranked the 3rd most liberal senator in 2007, close behind Obama as the most liberal.

    ReplyDelete