Thursday, October 2, 2008

The V.P. Debate

In a few minutes, the V.P. debate is going to start. Biden is expected to blow Palin out of the water. That being said, the Republicans played this perfectly because now, she has low expectations. I saw a clip of her debate before she became the Alaskan Governor and she did very well. If Biden does now win by a large margin, Palin wins the debate due to handicap.

The moderater has also been quite controversial. She supposedly is an Obama supporter. I think she should have stepped down from her spot not because she will be unfair, but because it will take away a lot of confusion. This way the right could not use this as an excuse if their candidate does not perform too well.

Overall, I think this debate is going to be very exciting because it is the only V.P. debate, so both candidates will be leaving everything on the table. I hope both candidates remain civil, with both sides using nothing but fact to make their arguments.

4 comments:

  1. Sarah performed better than most people expected her to, but I give the win Biden. He answered the questions and didn't try to form the debate around what he wanted to talk about. He had a great rebuttal to everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were right about the low expectations helping. I was not impressed with Biden at all. I expected him to go out and destroy her and I think by not doing so Palin will get the GOP base moving again. She did well and I think she all but erased the Couric interview. But I agree with mark p and I gave the overall debate to Biden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone notice Ifill has not been in the media? Most likely because she did a wonderful job moderating the debate.

    ReplyDelete